Privacy and Cookies Policy
What is GDPR - The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals with the European Union. When the GDPR takes effect, it will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC). It was adopted on 27 Apriul 2016 and comes into effect on 25 May 2018.
- 01827 714 255
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
- Contact information including telephone and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP Address
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping
- Order confirmation and dispatch emails
- Sample information
- To help improve our products and services
- We will not contact you outside of your order unless you have explicitly requested to receive other information
Disclosure:Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purposes:
Who we share your personal information with:
- Delivery Companies - (XDP Express, Royal Mail and sometimes TNT Express)
- Payment Processer - (PayPal & Sage Pay) (Credit Card numbers are not stored in our database and we only keep on file the last 4 digits in cases where we need to verify the card that was used. The payment information is transmitted via a Secure Encrypted Server to our payment processor (Sage Pay) to verify the credit card and place an authorisation for the order total. The orders are only accepted once the authorisation and address verification are all clear. A unique ID is associated with the order for purposes of billing the previous authorisation. This ID cannot be used to place further authorisations and it contains no identifiable link to the credit card number)
- Manufacturer - (From time to time we may need to share your personal informaiton with the manufacturer if a problem arises with your order. This will not be shared with any other third party)
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to; Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd, Unit 28 Carlyon Road Industrial Estate, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1JH.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Contract - This process is necessary for a contract to fulfill your order.
- Legimate interests - This process is necessary for your legitimate interests for marketing purposes.
Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd will process personal data for 2 years following your order or sample request on our website and will store your data for the same period. After this period, Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd will no longer use your data.
Your rights as a data subject:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Decortaive Bathroom Systems Ltd (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd's data protection representatives.
Can i find out the personal data that Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd holds about me;
Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Decorative Bathroom Systems does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
How will Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?:
Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Decorative Bathroom Systems Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
- Information collected by our website
- Controlling your personal information
- Website Security
- An Introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies
What we collect
For the purpose of making an enquiring or placing an order, our website may collect the following information. Your name and appropriate contact information including email address, address, preferences and interests. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers may also be requested.
What we do with the information collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with more information for the product(s)/service(s) you have requested. Your information may also be stored in a CRM system for Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will never store your credit/debit card information on our website. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology via GEOTrust and will be transferred and processed by SagePay. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via social network widgets like Facebook, Twitter and AddThis
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via our Anti-Spam enquiry form
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and compile anonymous visitor statistics. The information collected ranges from simple traffic volume to the type of browser you are viewing our website with. This information is valuable to us not just for marketing analysis and quantification, but to improve the usability, security and load speed of our website content. Google Analytics is a popular, secure, flagship webmaster product from Google. The privacy and security of Google Analytics data is a high priority at Google that you can read more about on Google's Analytics Data Safeguarding page. Google also offer a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on that will allow you to automatically Opt-out of all websites that track your activity via Google Analytics. No personal information is collected by Google Analytics.
Cookie Consent Check
As mentioned above, upon your first visit our website displays a banner at the top of the page alerting you about cookies being deployed by our website. In order for our website to remember your choice of opting-in, we store an anonymous cookie to remove the alert banner for 28 days. To prevent this cookie being stored, simply do not accept and close the alert. If you have already accepted the alert and you wish to remove the cookie, please clear your cookies within your browser settings.
Our website, either in full or in part, is built on the popular open-source CMS framework - WordPress. WordPress utilises cookies to allow visitors to register, login and comment on our website's content. If you do not wish to participate in commenting on our website, Wordpress will not deploy any cookies onto your device. Cookies will only be created by Wordpress if you actively register or comment via the clear forms on our website.
Our eCommerce website is built on the popular open-source platform - Magento. Magento and eCommerce platforms in general require the use of several essential cookies for the website to function correctly. A comprehensive list of the 25 cookies Magento may use are detailed in the table below.
Visitors can choose to contact us via enquiry form(s) on our website. In order to prevent spam enquiries, we protect our forms with a 'CAPTCHA' challenge to ensure the submission is from a living person, rather than a computer bot. This CAPTCHA challenge creates a cookie that is used only to check the input response from the user is correct. The CAPTCHA cookie does not store any other information from your enquiry.
Our website may have our Google Maps/Places profile embedded within an iframe. Google Maps creates cookies that enable the functionality of their powerful mapping software. No personal information is stored or shared on the cookies deployed by Google Maps/Places
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
|Cookie Category||Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|_utma||A Google Analytics cookie, which keeps track of the number of times, a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.|
|_utmb||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site.|
|_utmc||A Google Analytics cookie, which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.|
|_utmv||Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.|
|_utmz||A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords used, and where in the world the site was accessed from.|
|PREF, NID||This cookie is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location|
|WordPress||wp-settings, wp-settings-time-||This is a cookie is to verify if you are logged into the website or not.|
|wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in||WordPress cookie for a logged in user.|
|comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url||When you enter a comment on this site you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.|
|Magento||CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.